The contractor must always make sure that their supplier posting workers in Finland has submitted a notification on the posting of workers.
- If a building site has been created in Building Site Register corresponding to the building site in question, ask your supplier to register to the building site and submit a notification on the posting of workers through the postedworkers service. The postedworkers service is directly related to site registration in Ilmoita service.
Make sure that your supplier that is posting workers in Finland has a representative in Finland who can be contacted.
- If you have required the selection of a representative in your contract with a foreign company, the duty of care of the contractor (commissioner of the work) is fulfilled.
- The contractor can demonstrate by email, for example, that they have made sure on their part that the posting company is aware of their duty to select a representative and of the requirements and obligations of the representative.
- If requested by the occupational safety and health authority, request a statement from your supplier on how the representative can be contacted. Send this statement to the occupational safety and health authority.
- If the supplier does not supply you with a statement despite your request, send a statement to the occupational safety and health authority informing them of your attempt to find out their representative’s contact information.
If necessary, supply the posting company with the information they need to fulfill their obligations as an employer in the case of temporary agency work.